Pulp and Paper Services, LLC
Analysis Services for the Paper, Pulp, Polymer, and Legal Industries.
• Morfi Automated Fiber Analysis
• Fiber Length vs. Fiber Width Density Map
• Length Weighted & Weight Weighted Fiber Length Distribution (microns)
• Arithmetic, Length Weighted, & Weight Weighted Fiber Length Average (microns)
• Fiber Coarseness (mg/m)
• Fiber Density (millions/gram of pulp)
• Average Fibrill Length (microns) and Density
• Macrofibrillation Index, %
• % Fines in Length, Length Weighted and Area Distributions (microns)
• Fines Density (millions/(gram of pulp)
• Fines Density/Fiber Density Ratio
• Average Fiber Width and Width Distribution (microns)
• Average Fiber Width per Length Class (100 size classes)
• Fiber Curl Index, % and Distribution
• Fiber Curl per Length Class and # of Curled Fibers per Length Class (100 size classes)
• Fiber Kink Angle and % and Distribution
• Fiber Kink per Size Class (100 size classes)
• Broken Fiber Content, %
• Shive Analysis, Length, Width, Area, % Shives vs. Fibers
• Vessel Segment Analysis, Length, Width, Area, % Shives vs. Fibers
Fiber analysis is used in verifying advertisement integrity, production conformity,
Fiber analysis and fiber species identification are used by many industries including not only the pulp and paper industry, but also by the non-wovens, food, and pharmaceutical industries.
We offer digital photo microscopy in conjunction with fiber analysis, and FTIR spectroscopy to provide a detailed and complete assessment of defect, contaminants, and the identification of unknowns .
We also provide a unique refining evaluation of fibers by utilizing phase contrast microscopy. This service illustrates the degree of refining with microphotographs, comments and ratings.
Our fiber analysis services provide fiber species percent, pulping type percent, percent hardwood and percent softwood, and recycled content evaluation.
• Morfi Automated Fiber Analysis - See Details Below
• Fiber Species Analysis, Wood, Non-wood, Synthetic
• Wood Chip Species
• Pulping Process ID, Kraft, Sulfite, GWD, TMP, CTMP
• % Hardwood/% Softwood
• Refining Evaluation with Photos and Ratings
• Synthetic Fiber ID
• Recycled Fiber Content
• Hardwood Vessels Segment Counts
• Fiber Cell Wall Thickness
• Bauer McNett Fiber Fractionation
• Z-Distribution Fiber Properties (% fines, etc.)
"I have found Phil to be a person of integrity and very knowledgeable in his field."
TALO ANALYTICAL INTERNATIONAL, INC.
Pulp and Paper Services, LLC
PO Box 4582
378 Railroad Street - Suite 2
Saint Johnsbury, Vermont 05819
Hardwood Fiber Population Map of Fiber with Various Lengths and Widths - The Red Area is the Dimensions with the Highest Population
Softwood Fiber Population Map of Fiber with Various Lengths and Widths - The Red Area is the Dimensions with the Highest Population
Hardwood Fiber Screen One of Morfi Interface
Hardwood Fiber Screen Two of Morfi Interface
Softwood Fiber Screen One of Morfi Interface
Softwood Fiber Screen Two of Morfi Interface